My professional profile:
I have a variety of skills and competences from my life long experience with many aspects of engineering: R&D, sales, lecturing, consultancy, management, production and contracting. For the last 20 years I have worked as a specialist and consultant with energy optimisation and management in the Danish industry as well as in other countries. For the last 8 years I have specialised in energy savings in pharmaceutical utility- and HVAC systems. I have been conducting energy surveys and preparing savings priority lists at industrial sites all over the world, including Denmark, France, USA, Brazil, Ireland, Lithuania, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Bosnia and China.
I graduated in 1976 as B.Sc. in Electronic Engineering and I have maintained my skills in designing and building electronic equipment, mainly in the field of process automation, instrumentation and energy measurement. I am also a very skilled MS Excel/VBA programmer, and a large part of my success with energy analysis is due to the various tools that I have developed for the same purpose. The last few years I have focused on developing small applications based on microcontrollers, and now I am into the world of Arduino.
My professional life:
January 2010 – NOW: Freelance Energy and Electronics Consultant in my own company “cTOPconsult”.
January 2010 – 2016: In-house Consultant for “Viegand Maagøe Aps”.
• Energy consultancy to industrial clients, world-wide
• Energy specialist for the EBRD bank.
• Lecturing on how to obtain energy efficient HVAC.
• Preparing official energy checklists for HVAC, automation and server rooms
• Preparing official energy checklists for production machinery and pressurized air systems.
• Preparing guideline for energy efficient server rooms
February 2006 – December 2009: Senior Energy Consultant in “NNE Pharmaplan A/S”, the HSE department.
• Energy screening of projects for new production facilities, world-wide.
• Cross-site coordinator of HVAC savings.
• Conducting pilot experiments on how to save energy in pharmaceutical HVAC.
• Preparing Supporting Guideline for energy efficient HVAC design.
April 2003 – January 2006: Senior Consultant Engineer in “DONG Energy”, Energy Consultancy Department.
• Design and implementation of remote energy measuring- and data-acquisition systems.
• Certified expert in field measurements on live low-voltage ( • Development of energy mapping and maintenance systems.
• Part-time In-house consultant at NNE A/S.
April 2002 – March 2003: In-house Consultant for “Novo Nordisk Engineering”, Environmental Engineering Department. Work: Energy screening of projects for new purification plants.
April 2001 – March 2002: Consultant Engineer at the “Danish Technological Institute”, Energy and HVAC Department. Work: Development of energy management tools and concepts, and energy consultancy to industrial clients.
January 2001 – March 2001: Consultant Engineer at “COWI”. Work: Technical energy consultancy to industrial clients.
May 1992 – December 2000: Senior Energy Consultant at “NESA A/S”, Energy Consultancy Department.
• Technical energy consultancy to industrial customers.
• Key account manager for large industrial costumers. Energy screenings, mappings and special surveys.
• Development of an instrument for monitoring idling consumption in production facilities.
January 1992 – April 1992: Systems Engineer in “Al-Wicotec”. The job was to start a new department for building- and process automation (BMS and SCADA).
July 1983 – December 1991: Maintenance Engineer, Deputy Manager at the “Carlsberg Breweries”, Maintenance Department.
• Deputy Manager of maintenance department with 150 employees.
• Responsible for maintenance of instrumentation and SCADA in highly automated brewing production lines.
• Responsible for electronic workshops and instrumentation in general.
• Site responsible for security-, communication- and data-installations.
• Development of new security systems and concepts.
• Member of the various project groups formed to conduct large investments in new production facilities.
• Development of internal and external technical educational programs.
• External grader at electronic technician’s exams.
November 1982 – July 1983: Electronic Engineer in my own company “CTP Consult”. I invented and built of a cost effective CAMAC test equipment, financed by “The Danish Technological Board”
February 1982 – September 1982: Systems Engineer at “Wenzel Elektronik AG”, R&D.
• Design of electronic equipment for noise monitoring at ZDF.
• Transferring a line of products from Danfysik to Wenzel Elektronik.
April 1976 – June 1983: Electronic Engineer at “Danfysik A/S”, R&D department.
• Design of electronic equipment used in high-energy physics laboratories world-wide (CERN, etc.).
• Sales, prototyping, production, on-site installation and field test.
• Specialist in multiple high voltage systems for particle detectors.
• Design of micro-controllers, test equipment, interlock systems, computer interfaces, etc.
August 1976 – July 1977: Electronic Technician, “HAF Lejre”. Work: Design, building and installation of multimedia show equipment, sound studio and automatic colour-slide shows.
June 1973 – August 1973: Electronic Technician in “A-Tronic Aps”. Work: Prototyping and test of automated test equipment for telephones.
March 1972 – March 1976: Student at “Engineering College of Copenhagen”, Electronic Engineering. Graduation project: Fast response high voltage supply for defibrillator monitor at “Simonsen & Weel”.
March 1971 – November 1972: Electronic Technician at “AP Radiotelefon A/S”, R&D department. Work: Prototyping and test of high-frequency circuits for radio communication, and design of test equipment for frequency-synthesis radios.
You can also visit me here: LinkedIn profile